Tuesday 20 May 2014

Godzilla

I watch a lot of trailers. Too many in fact. The problem with trailers is that if I watch them enough times I can see the plot and begin to guess what is going to happen, who's going to die etc. I watched the Godzilla trailer many times and I have to admit, I liked the look of it and couldn't really see what was going to happen. I was excited for this one. 

Weeks later, I did the usual trip to the cinema with fiancĂ© in toe. She also loves films, but not trailers. For the first hour of set up with the human characters and Godzilla backstory and so on, I was intrigued but not desperate for more. By the time Godzilla made an appearance I was so bored and uninterested that I didn't care. I didn't care about the human characters one bit. Now I like Araon Taylor kick ass and I like Walter White, Elizabeth Olsen, ken watanbe but I just didn't feel anything for any of them. They let this film down for me. 

Only when Godzilla is on screen did I feel a little excitement, tension, even emotion. Without giving away the plot the end 20 minutes of Godzilla are the best and most fun. I really enjoyed standing out of my seat and leaving too. 

150 million well spent. 
Very disappointed. 
2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment